Monday, June 27, 2011

The Unexpected...



I would normally never write a blog after being in the states for two weeks, but I believe I need to share what the Lord has been doing in my heart recently. For everyone who knows me, you know I am a planner. I like things to be organized and thought out, but living in Haiti for the past year and a half, I have had to embrace the idea of being flexible. I have learned that anything can happen at anytime, and for the most part I would like to say I have "rolled with the punches." Just when I thought I had it together (like that ever happens,) I received the biggest shaking from above.

I was on my flight home from visiting New York City on Tuesday, and I had a flight back to Haiti on Thursday. I felt so unprepared, upset, and just not myself. I cried on the plane, I cried on the phone to my best friend, and I cried when I got home. What was going on? I am always excited and ready to go back to Haiti. I felt as though God picked me up, hung me by my ankles, and shook me. What did He want from me?



It didn't take me long to realize I needed to stay in the states for a few more days to seek God's calling at this moment. Once again, I found myself having to be patient and wait on His most perfect timing. I changed my flight to Monday and decided to take some much needed time to consult with the big man upstairs! I immediately dropped to my knees, prayed a submitting prayer, and weeped. Although I can't recall exactly what happened at that moment, pictures of Jean, Peterson, Carlos, Denise, etc started flashing through my head. I now knew why God had stirred me up. Words like ACT, DO MORE, CHANGE, and LOVE ran through my mind and heart. I thought, "Ok, Lord I am totally willing to do that, but how?" Well, that was kind of a dumb question since I am nothing without Him, I don't have to do anything except say, "Ok, I am on board...let's do this Lord!" I can happily say that today that commitment was made.



I often tell people that although the "call" and "work" may sound hard, it is not because it is the right fit for me. It is seriously the sweetest calling, and it has blessed me more than I could ever imagine. These precious children are what make my heart beat, and I can honestly say I would die the most horrible death for them. They are little angels in my life, and they can turn any dark day into one full of sunshine and happiness! They are the most innocent beings on Earth, and I have never met anything in flesh form that is closer to Christ. Blessings flow abundantly through their little bodies, smiling faces, and sweet hearts. Life couldn't get better or could it?



God has shaken me, He has woken me up, and He has said ACT, DO MORE, CHANGE, and LOVE! In this changing season, I am seeking how to do these things. I am asking you to pray as I look at all options for these children. I am praying for more energy, more time, more knowledge, and more advocacy. Danita has always said don't underestimate small beginnings, and I have certainly come to understand this concept as the special needs program has grown leaps and bounds in just a year's time. I am looking forward to the growth, but excited to keep the spirit of excellence and intimacy of the program.



Thank you to all who support me, and thank you to those who will be part of the extension process. I know it is coming, and in this time, I am preparing both the children and myself. There are many ways to get involved, and if you are feeling a "tug" no matter how big or small, feel free to contact me. The children's needs are extensive and the more prayer covering and love surrounding them, the better...

Thank you for joining me in being an advocate for the "least of these" and thank you for helping me make the invisible, VISIBLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment