Friday, February 1, 2013

Dreams Become Reality...

 
As I sit in this little room with four concrete walls and two of the sweetest hearts (Christ-tcherry and Peterson,) I remember playing “babies” when I was a little girl.  I always dreamed of the day that I would be a “Mommy,” and at the age of 29, that is exactly what I am!  Humbled, blessed, and loved…


As I graduated from playing “babies” around age 10, I started talking about adopting.  I remember my mom asking me, “Heather, why do you want to adopt children?”  The answer was simple, “Mom, I don’t need to have any children because there are so many in the world that need help already.”  By no means am I saying it is for everyone, but I am amazed how God planted that seed and desire in my heart so early.  The journey was already in the works…
 
At age 13, I started helping with a dance class for children with special needs.  That class quickly became the highlight of my week (along with ballet, of course!)  I later became the teacher of that class for over five years.  Oh, God is so good.  The parents of my students encouraged me so much.  They became my examples of patience, advocacy, determination, etc.  Once again, the Lord using everything He could to prepare me for the BIG plans He had in store…
“…No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him”  1 Corinthians 2:9 NIV
 
Now, I jump to this day…almost three years have gone by serving full time in Haiti.  Many dreams have already become reality, but the biggest is coming RIGHT now!  God has blessed me abundantly.  He has given me so many to love and care for including Jean, Denise, Fitson, Peterson, Derline, Christ-tcherry, Junika, Emmanuella, Rosalie, Emma, Chama, Henry Claude, Sandley, Carlos, etc (the list goes on and on.)  The Lord has even taken some of these home to heaven, and I have JOY knowing I will see them again!  They each have taught me lessons, given me experience, shown me that LOVE is the greatest of these!
“And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.  But the greatest of these is love.”  1 Corinthians 13:13 NIV
In case all of this wasn’t enough…
God even decided to show off how truly big His love is as He gave me something special that I never even dreamed of…a HUSBAND!  Wow, talk about a loving Father.  I literally just smile sometimes because He created Papito for me, and now His plans will fully be executed for the fullest of His glory!  CRAZY LOVE…
 
Seriously God, what else do you have in store?
Coming (VERY) Soon…
Footprints of the Son/Les Emprintes du Fils
Terrier Rouge, Haiti

 “Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet.” John 13: 14 NIV (English Version)
 “Si donc je vous ai lave les pieds, moi, le Seigneur et le Maitre, vous devez aussi vous laver les pieds les uns aux autres.” Jean 13:14 (French Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment